Five ways to get hooked on drinking water
Here at Eden Springs we're always rattling on about drinking lots of water (as the UK's leading water cooler supplier, you wouldn't expect anything less, would you?)
But if you're not used to drinking lots of water, how can you form the habit and work your way up to drinking 2.5 litres a day? And how can you avoid the dry mouth, nausea, headaches and dizziness that often accompany dehydration? Here are some tips:
1. Drink water with every meal (and have some when you snack, too). This is a good way to get started.
2. Take a bottle of water when you go to the gym or do any exercise and make sure you drink it all. We lose more water when undertaking strenuous activity, so it's important to replace it to avoid dehydration.
3. Visit your office water cooler a few times a day or take a bottle of water to work and drink it all.
4. Instead of drinking soft drinks or alcohol, drink water instead. No calories and no hangover – need I say more?
5. Invest in a plumbed in water cooler for your home or office to have cool, filtered water on tap – it will make it much easier to drink the amount of water you need each day.
Once you get used to drinking more water, you're sure to get hooked on this healthy, natural drink.