- WATER FOR BUSINESSES
- WATER AT HOME
- PAY INVOICE
- ABOUT US
Water vs Cola
Eden Springs know that water is important - that's why we're committed to helping people all around Europe get hydrated and drink water at work as part of our WellBeing@Work campaign.
In fact, certain sources have indicated just how beneficial water can be in comparison to another popular beverage, cola:
- 75% of Americans are thought to be chronically dehydrated.
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
- Even mild dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
- One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters in a Washington study.
- Lack of water is the primary trigger of daytime fatigue.
- Preliminary research indicates that eight glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can hinder short-term memory, result in trouble with basic maths problems, and cause difficulty focusing on a computer screen or printed page.
- Drinking five glasses of water daily decreases the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and can make individuals 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Cola Compare this to cola, which has apparently been used to clean toilets, remove rust and corrosion, remove the stains from clothes and clean up blood from crime scenes. It's even said to be able to dissolve a t-bone steak joint in two days! Potentially useful yes, but would you prefer to be drinking a strong toilet cleaner or a cup of cool, filtered water? Eden Springs are confident that water is the real thing!