WE, Watercoolers Europe, founded in 1993, is a non-profit making and non-governmental international association dedicated to the interests of the watercooler industry. The establishment of a Brussels office in 1998 was a pivotal point for the industry and the Association. Whilst membership was initially based on direct company membership, in 1999 the Association altered its structure to become an Association of Associations. This structure is in accordance with the representational structure required by the EU Commission for direct communication with it.
In this respect WE is initiating and coordinating the formation in each country of a national association through which individual company membership is represented.
In June 2000 WE became a founding Member of the International Council of Bottled Water Associations (ICBWA) established to represent the interests of the bottled water and watercooler industry worldwide. This organisation consists of regional associations from Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe (WE), Latin America and the United States.
Today, WE represents the interests of the watercooler industry in Greater Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Its membership includes national associations comprising of bottlers and distributors of both bottled and plumbed-in watercoolers and companies supplying the industry with products and services. At present WE comprises over 300 companies.
The EDWCA is the largest water cooler and dispenser association in Europe.
EDWCA aims to:
- Set and maintain the highest standards for hygiene through training and advice
- Promote adherence to ethical, professional and legal practices
- Serve as the authoritative source for information concerning our industry
- Facilitate the exchange of best practice in technical, scientific and regulatory information between members and related bodies
- Work with Government and other agencies whose regulations effect industry standards
- Cooperate and discuss areas of mutual interest with other organisations
To ensure the attainment of the highest standards of quality, safety, hygiene and ethical conduct in the water cooler industry through unimpeachable products and services supplied by Members to their customers, in full recognition of the Industry's environmental responsibilities.
What is the AVA?
'Develop, promote and protect the use of vending in the UK'
Operator, vending machine manufacturer, vendor or user – all have common cause with an industry that wants to progress, innovate and deliver on its promises.
With AVA at the forefront of the industry that’s exactly what will happen.
We exist to:
- Protect, advise and support our members
- Lobby on our members’ behalf
- Provide a competitive edge for our industry
- Seek opportunities for expansion and growth
- Create conditions for cost-effective, efficient and reliable retailing
- Offer a comprehensive source of information
Our objectives are to:
- Become the credible heart, and official voice, of the vending industry
- Create an industry that’s progressive and recognised as such
- Generate and maintain upbeat perceptions of vending
- Reinforce the benefits of advances made to vendors and consumers
Build a community of mutual interest by:
- Engaging fully with members and users
- Reaching out to the wider community
- 21st century technology has been utilised to make vending a positive experience for users and providers alike
We're members of the International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) through Watercoolers Europe (WE). The IBWA was founded in 1982 and currently has over 1,200 member companies. The IBWA rigorously enforces continually improving standards of operation worldwide – standards that we continually achieve and exceed.
As the UK's market leader we made the decision to become the first low-carbon water cooler company in the UK. We are a certified CarbonNeutral® company offering certified CarbonNeutral® certi9fied products. Based upon a comprehensive carbon-reducing full life cycle assessment – unlike some carbon offsetting programmes we have worked with Swiss experts Quantis International to analyse and improve all areas of our business, from transport through to customer service and fulfilment.