- WATER FOR BUSINESSES
- WATER AT HOME
- PAY INVOICE
- ABOUT US
Host The Ultimate Macmillan Coffee Morning
Want your colleagues to get behind a good cause and strengthen your team at the same time? A Macmillan coffee morning could be the charity and coffee fix your workplace needs to bring your employees together for a great cause. And now’s as good a time as ever - with Macmillan hosting “The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning” on September 26th.
What’s Macmillan About?
First founded in 1911, Macmillan Cancer Support has grown to become the largest cancer care and support charity in the UK. With 98% of Macmillan’s income generated solely from donations - they rely on the help of volunteers and fundraisers to support their essential work. Cancer’s severe effects impact upon people’s lives in many ways. Macmillan work to provide support from diagnosis to recovery - helping cancer sufferers maintain as much control over their lives as possible. From providing counselling and guidance to financial help for those who have lost their job due to cancer, Macmillan are there 24/7 to support people struggling through an incredibly tough ordeal.
How Does The Coffee Morning Work?
With their first coffee morning held in 1990, Macmillan’s coffee mornings have gone on to be their biggest fundraising event yet. Their coffee mornings can be held at any time, by anyone - all you need to do is register and organise your very own event! The premise is simple. Lay on a spread with coffee, tea and cakes - even sandwiches if you’re feeling fancy - and ask your colleagues or friends to make a donation to Macmillan instead of paying for their drinks and snacks.
Image Courtesy of Matthew Kang
Planning The Ultimate Coffee Morning
So now you’re well informed and prepared to start raising money, why not see if you can push your donations to the max? With our tips, you can make your office coffee morning a huge success:
- Get everyone on board by asking permission from your managers and checking your colleagues are up to the challenge. You may be allowed to shift your work’s lunch hour forward or, alternatively, organise it on a weekend.
- Send out invites by emailing your whole team - and make sure they RSVP so you know how much coffee and cake is required on the day!
- Recruit volunteers to help on the day. Unless you plan to spend the week baking and folding napkins, you’re bound to need a helping hand. Ask your employer if they are willing to assign a budget for supplies and snacks. Alternatively - put your colleagues’ baking skills to the test by asking volunteers to each bring a cake along to sell.
- Ensure things run smoothly by keeping organised on the day. Remember to assign tasks to your volunteers during the event - from setting up the cake stand to collecting the rubbish at the end.
- Spread the word to make your coffee morning a raging success and drum up business. Macmillan have created free posters which you can print-off - or you can get creative and make your own for that extra special touch.
- Boost your donations by holding fun activities throughout your coffee morning. Not only will this mean more money to donate to a great cause, but it will also provide entertainment for attendees. From raffles and tombolas to games and novelty auctions, there’s always a way to raise more money and have fun in the process. Ask your boss if you can raffle-off an extra day’s holiday if they’re feeling generous!
- Make the money go further by asking your attendees to Gift Aid their donation. For every £1 donated, Macmillan can receive an extra 25p if the donation has come from a UK taxpayer - simply print off the handy Gift Aid form and ask your attendees to fill it in between sampling cakes!
Although you can host your Macmillan coffee morning anytime, this September brings an extra special date to the calendar. On September 26th 2014, Macmillan are attempting to host the “World’s Biggest Coffee Morning” by encouraging people around the country to hold their own event. Last year, Macmillan managed to raise an incredible £20.5 million for cancer support and the bar is set high for 2014. Don’t forget to order your free fundraising kit from Macmillan to help get your coffee morning off to a great start! Who’s bringing the coffee then? Eden Springs supply coffee and hot drinks machines to offices around the UK. So if your office is in need of some caffeination, or your staff need a warm cuppa to get motivated in the morning, we’ve got the solution.