Posted in Office Motivation on .
Here at Eden one of our main focuses is helping businesses feel more energised and productive. To find out how energised the nation feels at work, we decided to run a UK-based survey asking one simple question:
“How much energy do you have at work this week?”
Respondents were asked to answer on a 1 – 10 rating scale (where 1 is feeling very unmotivated and 10 is feeling very productive).
Here is what we found out:
- Over half (51.5%) of UK respondents are running on half a tank of gas! They answered between 1 and 5 on the scale, therefore are not feeling very energised or motivated! Perhaps they are not drinking enough water.
- Men answered higher on the scale than women: 5.7/10 versus 4.8/10.
- The most productive region in the UK is Northern Ireland with respondents answering an average of 6.2/10.
- The least motivated region is North West England with respondents answering an average of 4.3/10.
- The young ones (people between 18 and 24 years old) are the least motivated of the bunch, answering 5.4/10 on the scale, whereas people aged 35 – 44 answered the highest at 5.9/10 on the scale.
We know that motivating your employees is no easy task and that every business owner wants to create a motivated and productive workforce. Luckily for you, we have put together ‘The Ultimate Employee Motivation Guide’. This guide covers topics from how to have a happy team, how to use technology to strive your business and how to create the perfect work-life balance for your employees. Why not have a read and see if any of these tips can help you and your co-workers? Or, if you don’t want to read it all at once, over the next two weeks we will be publishing each chapter individually. Perfect bite-sized information for the morning coffee break!